Our History

As we look back at our church's history, we first arrive at November 7, 1954. Logansport Assembly of God opened its doors for the first Sunday service in a new building on Grove street, after meeting in a school building in the nearby burgh of Dunkirk. The congregation prospered for many years but was closed due to declining attendance in 1974. The white cinder block building on Grove Street stood as a testimony to many conversions and healings, and it was providential that the Indiana District Assemblies of God retained the building and property.

Old Church

In 1979, an eager young man by the name of Daniel Pongratz accepted the pastorate, and little did he know that the church would out-grow Grove Street in as little as two years. By 1981, the decision was made to secure land and build a 350 seat sanctuary and several class rooms. On March 26, 1983, 347 people attended the first Sunday service at 831 Burlington Avenue. Pastor Pongratz left Logansport in 1990 to answer the call to the mission field in Africa

Old Part of Current Building

As LifeGate Church, we are now holding services in a 1100 seat sanctuary that was completed in 2001, under the guidance of Andy Weil, our lead pastor.

New Building